We are currently recruiting for the position of Audio Technician Lead for Disney Cruise Line. Responsibilities: Operate Audio Console for front of house and onstage audio monitoring for all shows. Train Audio Technician WDT to run shows and operate audio equipment. Responsible for the preventative maintenance of all audio equipment ship wide. Daily responsibility for installation, set-up, operation, preventative maintenance and testing of theatrical technical audio control equipment ship wide. Perform sound checks and check mics for Performers, Guest speakers and events Hosts.
- Minimum five years musical theatre audio experience, preferably working on large scale productions as Lead Audio or Audio 1
- Proven experience with a music based audio system required
- Ability to perform in environments that have second-hand smoke, pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice, and other special effects, required
- Experience with Sim or Smaart systems and QSC –Amplification, Loudspeakers, and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with Yamaha Digital Audio Consoles (PM1D, PM10, M7CL & QL Series)
- Experience with wireless microphones and in-ear monitor systems
- Experience with Talkback systems such as Telex and RTS
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line