We are currently recruiting for the position of Automation Operator for Disney Cruise Line.
Operates stage scenic elements during shows. Conducts routine maintenance on all ship-wide automation and rigging systems. Operates Entertainment automation systems in the Walt Disney Theatre (WDT). Oversees and ensures that all rigging equipment is maintained in good order and is being used properly. Responsible for the maintenance and safe operation of the rigging equipment used in outdoor deck parties, including training in all rigging positions for the operation of the show. Assists in other duties and tasks as assigned by the Senior Technician WDT, including but not limited to Cast (Performer) changeovers, load ins/outs, new show installs, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premieres and company events.
- Minimum five years show production/operation experience required, in a similar role preferred
- Proven experience or qualifications in a theatrical/ Entertainment based rigging operation or role required
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment required
- Computer literacy required
- Experience in the operation of computerized automation control equipment required
- Knowledge and experience of hydraulics, electronics, electric motors, motor drives and controls, manual and automated rigging devices required
- Experience with Acrobat G6 Console with e-Chameleon and/or epiQ Console with Navigator software
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line