We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Technician Broadcast for Disney Cruise Line.
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As Senior Technician Broadcast, you will ensure that the operation and programming of broadcast and ship wide control systems, Guest and Crew TV content, Buena Vista Theatre and Walt Disney Theatre 35mm movie projection, Dining rooms, Ariel View TV LED screen, videography and editing is meticulous.
You will report to the Technical Production Manager and have on average 3 direct reports.
- Lead the Broadcast team
- Program and maintain the automated scheduling and video server playback systems
- Develop daily schedule for the Broadcast Projectionist
- Update Coolsign media player with necessary updates
- Decrypt any new movies and sitcoms for the movie channel and update the movie schedule for the guest
- Operation of ship wide video systems, including remote and manned video cameras and switching systems to provide high quality product for shipboard broadcast, marketing support and external broadcast support as may happen from time to time
- Operation and maintenance of shipboard Emergency Paging System (includes Paging, back ground music system and Media Matrix)
- Partner with Automation Engineer Main Stage to ensure continuous high standards are maintained in the maintenance and operation of all areas of responsibility, including administration and show quality. This includes break down call outs to Guest/ Crew cabin TV equipment supplied by DCL
- Coordinate the engineering and operation of camera, VTR, transmission systems and live multi-camera vision mixing
- Provide any required support and content creation for onboard special events and productions
- Coordinate and assist in the preventative maintenance and routine repair of all Broadcast and Projection Equipment including all ship-wide televisions
- Coordinate and assist with other departmental duties including load-ins and outs, equipment testing, vendor support, cast changeovers, movie premieres and corporate events
- Scheduling of the Broadcast team to make sure the Broadcast Centre is adequately manned throughout the day
- Daily running of the Broadcast department including television output, filming and editing as required upkeep and testing of the Emergency Paging System, operation of BGM, operation of Movie Showings and provide Audio Visual Support for Special Events
- Schedule all Blackouts for all channels, BGM for the week, and cruise control for ship wide venues for a week and monitor daily
- Broadcast live Deckstage shows onto LED screen using 5 remote cameras, using a Grass Valley Kayak DD vision mixer
- Clean Camera domes around Deckstage for any Deckstage event
- Set up satellite feed LED screen if required
- Program and Check Apella media daily schedules
- Facilitate department meetings
- Provide leadership for all direct reports; Responsibilities include, but are not
-Managing personnel files
-Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed
-Ensuring Project Onboard compliance
-Monitoring STAR, while making necessary corrections
-Onboard training, new hire and ongoing
-Crew recognition and communication
- Minimum five years experience in either relevant shipboard or applicable shore side position
- Minimum trade school diploma or equivalent required or minimum 3 years professional experience
- Expertise with professional broadcasting equipment, including experience with video cameras, VTR and editing systems
- Video camera operation and lighting for TV, preferred
- Strong computer skills and proven experience with common computer applications (i.e. MS Office); strong knowledge of computer networking systems
- A good understanding of Apple Broadcast software is preferred
- Good understanding of scheduling and spreadsheets
- Proven experience of operation and maintenance of computer based broadcast and/or control systems
- Proven leadership skills, should be a confident, self motivated person with good communication skills
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line