We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Technician Walt Disney Theatre for Disney Cruise Line.
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As Senior Technician Walt Disney Theatre, you will oversee the operation, daily set-up and maintenance of the Walt Disney Theatre and WDT team.
You will report to the Technical Production Manager and have on average 6 direct report.
- Schedule the WDT Technical team to cover all events assigned to the WDT
- Attend to emails, administration, STAR, Discipline, performance reviews and other necessary paperwork as directed by the TPM
- Set/strike, supervise show and run Senior Show Tracks for all WDT shows
- Provide support services on all events that take place at the WDT,
- Responsible for reporting to the TPM all challenges relating to equipment and personnel within the team; this includes ensuring an adequate back up procedure is in place and maintained to cover all show contingencies, including accident and illness of staff
- Maintain stock control and associated documentation
- Carry out all other duties and tasks as assigned by shipboard leadership team, including but not limited to Cast changeovers, load ins/outs, new show installs, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premieres, company events, safety duties and duties in support of other technical areas
- Partner with the Show Control Technician and Automation Operator to see that monthly maintenance routines are properly printed out, completed promptly and closed correctly within AMOS
- Daily responsibility for installation, set-up, operation, preventative maintenance, and testing of theatrical technical equipment in the Walt Disney Theatre
- Review and post time clock summary report
- Collect, receive, load, and manage inventory for CO2 product
- Facilitate department meetings
- Provide leadership for all direct reports; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Onboard training, new hire and ongoing
-Monitoring STAR, while making necessary corrections
-Ensuring Project Onboard compliance
-Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed
-Crew recognition and communication
-Managing personnel files
- Preventative maintenance and routine repair of appropriate WDT equipment requirements as deemed necessary by the Stage Manager or other leader in charge of the event including production shows, variety acts, concerts, crew, Group and Marketing activities
- Minimum five years experience in a technical role within a theatrical operation
- Proven expertise with standard theatrical practices, preferably in
musical theatre environment
- Experience with Audio Visual and Projection systems, preferred
- Trade school/college diploma, preferred
- Strong communication (written and oral) and organizational skills
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment, required
- Ability to perform in environments that have second-hand smoke,
pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice, and other special
- Experience with Acrobat G6 automation desk, running the latest version
- Experience with various body harness’ and stunt rigging equipment
- Proven experience leading and overseeing a theatre Tech team in regards to day-to-day responsibilities, performance, scheduling, development, and training
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line