We are currently recruiting for the position of Show Control 2 Technician Shipwide for Disney Cruise Line.
The Show Control 2 position with Disney Cruise Line assists the Show Control Shipwide with the operation and maintenance of all Show Control elements ship wide. They are responsible for all interactive show technologies in ship wide venues, associated restaurants, and Youth Activities spaces. Daily responsibility for installation, set-up, operation, and maintenance of all Show Control, Lighting and Special Effect systems outside of the Walt Disney Theatre. Take guidance from Show Control Shipwide for daily operations and also liaise with the Sr. Technician Shipwide and Sr. Technician
Broadcast in relation to maintenance of shipwide LX/SFX and Video systems. Assists in providing technical support Shipwide to all Groups, Marketing, variety acts, special events and Crew activities, including but not limited to Lighting Programming, Show Control System programming, Pyrotechnics, camera operating and vision mixing. Set up and testing of show systems daily, operation and assistance with show changeovers. See that all Lighting and Special Effects maintenance is completed correctly and in a timely fashion. Partner with the Show Control Shipwide & Senior Technician Ship wide to maintain all Fog, Haze and Pyro systems ship wide.
- Minimum three years of related experience, preferably in Corporate A/V, Theatrical or Concert Lighting or Television
- Trade school diploma or equivalent beneficial
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment required
- Proven troubleshooting skills and experience, should also be self-motivated and a good communicator
- Experience with basic programming, operation and maintenance of sophisticated nightclub/concert or television lighting systems, including moving lights required
- Experience with video projection systems and theatrical special effects
- Experience with computer networking, computerized show control systems, SMPTE time code or MIDI controlled equipment an advantage
- Experience with ability to perform in environments that have second-hand smoke, pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice and other special effects
- Experience with Medialon Show Control systems
- Experience with AMX Systems
- Experience with GrandMA and Hog lighting consoles and software
- Experience with Hard Disk playback systems
- Experience with Watchout Video Playback
- Experience in running shows/performances via script based cues
- Basic understanding of serial communications, IT network infrastructures and basic IT programming knowledge
- Experience in computer hardware related repairs and maintenance
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line