We are currently recruiting for the position of Show Control Technician Shipwide for Disney Cruise Line.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Show Control elements ship wide. Responsible for all interactive show technologies in ship wide venues, associated restaurants, and Youth Activities spaces. Assists Senior Technician Broadcast with programming and maintaining the AMX network and Cruise Control. Daily responsibility for installation, set-up, operation, and maintenance of all Show Control, lighting and Special Effect systems outside of the theater. Responsible for the maintenance, testing and firing of the Pyrotechnic and Laser systems in the shipwide venues and outdoor deck parties. Responsible for partnering with, and giving training to the Show Control 2 ship wide in the maintenance of all show control equipment, including intelligent and generic lighting, video projection and control systems, pyrotechnic and special effects systems and other devices. Responsible for providing technical support ship wide to all Groups, Marketing, Variety Acts, Special Events and Crew Activities, including but not limited to Lighting Programming, Show Control System, programming and AV mixing. See that all scheduled maintenance is completed correctly and in a timely fashion. Partner with the Senior Technicians to complete servicing & repairs and delegate as appropriate to the Show Control 2 Ship wide · Perform emergency abbreviated shows as necessary based on weather conditions, safety requirements, rehearsals and other altered technical requirements as deemed necessary by the Technical Production Manager or other leader in charge of the event · Responsible for assisting in other duties and tasks as assigned by the Technical Production Manager including but not limited to Cast Crossovers, load ins/outs, new show installs, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premieres and company events.
- Minimum five years of related experience in theme parks, theatres or the corporate A/V environment. Exposure to Show Control systems and remote device control a must
- Minimum trade school diploma or proven, related experience required
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment required
- Proven leadership skills and experience, should also be self-motivated and a good communicator
- Experience with the programming, operation and maintenance of sophisticated theatre lighting systems, including moving lights, required
- Experience with High Definition video screens, projectors and routing systems
- Experience with Video-over-IP and IPTV systems beneficial
- Experience with I.T and Entertainment networking protocols, computerized show control systems, SMPTE time code and MIDI controlled equipment an advantage
- Experience with the ability to perform in environments that have second-hand smoke, pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice and other special effects
- Experience with Medialon Show Control systems
- Experience with AMX Systems
- Experience with GrandMA and Hog lighting consoles and software
- Experience with Hard Disk audio and Video playback systems
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line