We are currently recruiting for the position of Show Control Technician – Walt Disney Theatre for Disney Cruise Line.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Show Control elements. Responsible for stock control of show consumables. Oversee the LX department monthly maintenance routine. Daily responsibility for installation, set-up, operation, and maintenance of all Show Control Systems and equipment.
- Minimum five years of related experience, preferably in a theatrical environment as Master Electrician or Chief Electrician, or in a similar role as a Show Control Systems operator
- Minimum trade school diploma or proven, related experience required
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment required
- Proven leadership skills and experience, should also be self-motivated and a good communicator
- Experience with the programming, operation and maintenance of sophisticated theatre lighting systems, including moving lights required
- Experience with video projection systems and theatrical special effects an advantage
- Experience with computerized show control systems, SMPTE time code or MIDI controlled equipment an advantage
- Experience with ability to perform in environments that have second-hand smoke, pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice and other special effects
- Experience with Medialon Show Control systems
- Experience with AMX Systems
- Experience with Whole HOG lighting Desk
- Experience with Hard disk playback systems
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line