We are currently recruiting for the position of Stage Lighting and Special Effects for Disney Cruise Line.
Attend to preventative maintenance and routine repair of lighting equipment. Responsible for handling, setting, disposal and safe use of pyrotechnic product onboard. Collect, receive, load, and manage inventory of all pyrotechnics. Set/strike and perform required show tracks for all WDT production shows. Maintain and check rigs.
- Minimum two years experience in a theatrical environment
- Proven experience with repair, maintenance and operation of intelligent and generic lighting equipment, in a performance or service industry environment, required
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment, required
- Ability to perform in environments that have second-hand smoke, pyrotechnics, chemical smoke, haze, fog, dry ice, and other special effects, required
- Experience with computerized lighting control systems, preferred
- Knowledge of special effects systems, including smoke and pyrotechnics, preferred
- Working knowledge of staging, scenic and props, preferred
- Self-motivated person, able to work with little supervision
- Experience with High End lighting fixtures including: Cyber lights, Studio Colors and Studio Spots
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Please view our recruitment video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoIaEpMl9PY
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
excellent recruitment is the approved recruitment partner on behalf of Disney Cruise Line